Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mozarella Cheese Sticks

I have been having a hard time finding dinners to make that my kids like. We go through these spurts it seems and we're into one now. I've been going "back to the books" to come up with new ideas that they might like. It's hard. They're a tough crowd to please. Here's a new recipe I came up with today that met with good reviews. I'm encouraged.


I used a variation of my breadstick recipe for this one.

Mozarella Cheese sticks

*Makes 12 Cheese Sticks

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tbsp. SAF instant yeast
1 1/2 Cup warm water
1 Tbsp. powdered milk
1 Tbsp. honey or brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Cups + more freshly-ground wheat flour
1/8 Cup Gluten flour
12 Cheese sticks (Mozarella or other - I made my own, but you can use the prepackaged kind too)

DIRECTIONS:
Place hot water (cook for 2 min microwave), salt, milk, and sugar in Bosch mixer. Add 2 C. wheat flour and gluten flour and yeast on top. Set mixer at 2nd speed and mix adding more wheat flour until barely begins to pull from sides. Mix to let gluten work in for about 6 min.

Roll out dough not too thin and cut into 12 squares. Put a mozzarella stick inside and roll up the dough around it. Place on greased cookie sheet and brush tops with melted butter. Allow to rise 15-20 minutes (although change in size is not evident). Bake at 400 degrees about 10-15 minutes.

My kids liked them dipped in plain tomato sauce. I think pizza sauce would be tastier.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails