Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs

I'm so excited to find another great use for my electric pressure cooker! And just in time for Easter. Here's the link to making perfect hard boiled (or soft boiled) eggs in your pressure cooker!. I tried it today for lunch and the eggs came out perfect. And it's so much easier than boiling them on the stove!!

I put the eggs on the trivet and used canning lids to separate my eggs so that they wouldn't bump into each other (see the picture).

This way you can do several at a time - could probably have fit more if I put them in between the canning lids. I put 1 cup of water in cooker and pressured them on low for 6 minutes. I let the pressure go down naturally. And then immediately took the eggs out and soaked them in cold water to stop the cooking. Perfect! And a lot easier to crack than the ones you make on the stove. Enjoy!

Hard Boiled Eggs {Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe}

*This method for cooking hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker is so much easier than the stove top. It's quick and efficient, you don't have to worry about water boiling over, and the result is perfect hard-boiled eggs every time!

*Note: In my 6 quart Cuisnart Electric pressure cooker I can cook up to 10 eggs at once

INGREDIENTS:
Eggs

EQUIPMENT:
Electric pressure cooker with metal trivet
1- 5 small canning lids
  
DIRECTIONS:
First place the trivet in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Next add about a cup of water. Place the canning lids on the bottom and arrange the eggs in and around the lids. Heat up the pressure cooker until it reaches low pressure and then cook for 6 minutes. Allow the pressure to go down naturally and then immediately remove the eggs and cool them in ice water to stop the cooking process. When they are cool, the eggs will crack with ease, look beautiful, and taste perfect every time! 

Recipe Source: adapted from Hip Pressure Cooking

For more pressure cooker recipes see my pressure cooker recipe page. Or follow my pressure cooker board on pinterest.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I HAVE THE CUISINART 6 QT ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER. HOW DO YOU LET THE PRESSURE COME UP TO LOW BEFORE SETTING THE TIMER TO 6 MINUTES?

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Hi Susan,
You first press the menu button until "low pressure" is lit up. Then you increase the time until it says 6 minutes, then hit "start".
Good luck!

MsDrPepper said...

Hi there -
Thanks for your instructions. As usual, I don't pay attention to all the details. I know from my early years in 1970's vintage home economics classes that eggs would hard cook 'touching each other' in a regular pot on the stove just fine, never exploding on me (the microwave - well, never happened to me, but my family has a hilarious story about my dad and an egg grenade that went off all over the dining room... he got to clean that one up!!). So I didn't want to fuss with trying to round up a dozen canning jar lids (or as another blogger found out, a metal olive oil bottle lid - with the plastic insert removed) to keep the eggs apart. They cooked just fine in the instant pot on my stainless steel veggie steamer insert. So I just kinda wanted to reassure any reading this that the canning lid idea is a great one, but not to worry if you don't have them. To be clear, I don't just chuck the eggs in the pot. I lay them carefully next to each other on the steamer rack. I suppose if you already had a hairline fracture in the egg, it might not do too well under pressure. So far, I haven't had that happen. Yet. (stand by for news if that changes?!).

Unknown said...

Hi there, I've discovered on Amazon.com a new gadget for cooking eggs in Pressure cooker. It's EggAssist. You can put EggAssist on the trivet to separate your eggs so that they wouldn't bump into each other or use EggAssit without trivet. I works perfectly!!!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails