Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fresh Guacamole

I love this Guacamole recipe that my sister-in-law gave me. It's delicious and fresh and so easy. So perfect for a refreshing summer meal. This is delicious served with your favorite Mexican feast. My choices would be: these creamy chicken taquitos, these pork chalupas, this yummy cilantro lime brown rice, these crunchy baked tacos, these black beans, or these refried beans. Or how about all of them. Oh my, can you imagine the deliciousness? We love Mexican feasts! Mmmh!


Fresh Guacamole
Printable Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
3 medium ripe avocados
juice of 1/2 lime
1 ripe medium tomato, chopped (we like roma or another variety of plum tomato that's not too juicy)
1/4 Cup red onion, chopped
4 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, or more or less to taste
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
salt & pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Peel and mash avocados. Add lime juice and mix well. Add chopped tomato, chopped red onion, finely chopped cilantro, and salt. Mix well adding more salt and/or pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 hours. Mix well before serving.

Recipe Source: Adapted from a recipe given to me by my sister-in-law Lisa.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails