Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorite Pressure Cooker Recipes

My sister asked me what some of my favorite pressure cooker recipes are. She just got one of these Cuisinart electric pressure cookers. You can buy them at Costco for like $70! They are wonderful!
Here's a few of my favorite recipes to make it my pressure cooker:

Chef Brad Pressure cooker Meals in Minutes - this is an excellent formula for pasta meals cooked in the pressure cooker that literally take minutes of preparation and come out delicious every time! There's so much you can do with this recipe. Try changing the meat to be ground turkey, italian sausage, ground beef, chicken, etc or try vegetarian. Try changing the spices. Try changing the grain - red or white quinoa, cooked kamut or teff. Add different vegetables or sauces. This is a wonderful recipe that really shows off the electric pressure cooker. Note: these do not work in other pressure cookers as the food on the bottom will burn. In the cuisnart it cooks up perfect.

"Cafe Rio" Black Beans - This recipe is soooo good! I make these and have a wonderful vegetarian dinner served as a taco salad or bean burritoes. Yum.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes - I used the recipe in Chef Brad's pressure cooker cookbook. And it is so yummy!

Sweet Brown Rice Breakfast - This is really yummy! I tried this for the first time and Chef Brad's house and it is really good. Love it!

Here's a few of my favorites. Besides these I love to use it to cook chicken, grains and beans. Beans are done so fast without soaking and they turn out excellent!

For more pressure cooker recipes see my pressure cooker recipe page. Or follow my pressure cooker board on pinterest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I never usually recommend cooking pasta under pressure but the photos on Chef Brad's website are intriguing!

Please let your sister know that I'm staring a "learn to pressure cook through recipes" course called Beginner Basics, next week. I would love to have her and her new pressure cooker join us!

Wow $70 for a Cuisinart, that IS a bargain!

Happy New Year!

L


hip pressure cooking
making pressure cookers hip again, one recipe at a time!

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Yeah the pasta works great in the cuisnart. It comes out perfect if you do it right!

Miller said...

I made my first pasta in pressure cooker and I loved it!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails