Saturday, March 7, 2009

Vegetarian Fajitas

Success! I've been having kind of a slow go at creative cooking lately. You probably know the slump I'm talking about. Maybe I'm getting a little too brave, I don't know. Anyway, here's one for the books. I made these tonight because we had the ingredients in our fridge that I wanted to use up. They were amazing and I'm definitely going to make them again. Hope you enjoy!


Vegetarian Fajitas
Printable Recipe

*Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 medium bell peppers, sliced (different colors are fun!)
1 med. onion, sliced
1-1/2 - 2 Cups pinto or other beans, cooked (or use a can if you're lazy :)
1/2 C. water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. dehydrated minced onion
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. red pepper (optional)
Toppings: Chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, sliced olives, diced avocados or prepared guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce, etc.

DIRECTIONS:
Sauté bell peppers and onion in oil until just barely tender. Then add beans, water, sugar, chili powder, salt, minced onion, paprika, cumin and red pepper. Stir together and heat just until warmed through. Served on warmed flour tortillas (
here's my favorite homemade whole-wheat ones) with chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, sliced olives, diced avocados or prepared guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce or whatever else suits your fancy.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails