Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Other Projects...

Here's some more projects I've been working on the last few weeks.

As I mentioned last post, we've had some trouble with deer eating our garden since we moved in. Our yard is not fenced so they are free to come and go as they please. Well, last week I planted a bunch of strawberries next to our patio. We didn't get time to cover them that night so I put around some irish spring soap (which I've heard is a good deer deterrent). Not so for us I guess because the next day some of my plants were uprooted and most were chomped down to the dirt. I was pretty mad at the deer that day. Here's our new strawberry cages we created:


I've also been working on planting flowers. To me, flowers spell happiness. I've been working on creating a perenial bed in the front of our house so that I don't have to replant every year. Here's how it's looking right now.
As you can see, I still have more work to do. I want to get it so that it's beautiful at all different times of the spring and summer.

Here's a few more shot of beautiful flowers that are growing around our house right now. Don't you just love spring?

3 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Your flower pictures made me happy :) Thanks for sharing!

Coopcakes said...

We have a family of rabbits in our backyard. Last year I planted a test crop of a few things like strawberries, peppers, etc. They were all gone in a day, down to the nubs! Rrrrrr. Too bad rabbits and deer are so darn cute! Good job with the wire cages!

Coopcakes said...

p.s. I bought those plants pre-potted, I can imagine how sad it would be if you grew them from seed!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails