Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Play Dough


Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!

I think part of having a healthy family is enjoying fun things together. I have fond memories growing up of playing with play dough. We hardly ever had the store-bought kind. My Mom would make this recipe and it was great - kept us entertained for hours. I made some the other day and my kids and I had a blast playing with it. The possibilities are limitless with play dough. It's non-toxic so that's good too. This is a fun recipe to make when you need something a little different to do with the kids.

Play Dough
Printable Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 Cup salt
1 Cup water (with coloring added)
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Stir well. Cook over medium heat until pulls away from sides of pan, stirring constantly. Cool. Store in air-tight container in refrigerator. Will keep for several weeks if sealed well.

Recipe Source: Adapted from a recipe from my mom.

1 comment:

Cherylyn said...

I've used a variation of this recipe before, and I love how the play dough isn't grainy. A tip I heard is that you can add a package of unsweetened Kool-Aid powder to the recipe to give it a sweet smell.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails