Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beautiful Spring

It's officially spring according to me. I don't know how official that is, but if you need an official spring declarer, I am hereby declaring it. It's my very favorite time of the year. So much newness and freshness. We planted our spring garden this week. "We" being Brandon since I was gone. :) I can't wait to see the seedlings start to pop up through the ground. That's one of my favorite spring occurrences. And here are some more:
  • Crocuses - ah! They could easily be my favorite flower simply by the fact that they are always the first living thing to bloom in my yard. I don't know that I have a favorite, but if I had to pick one they would be in my top ten list. Every year it surprises me with how beautiful they are, peeping their bright heads out of the snow. It makes me want to reach out and touch them to see if they are real or if someone tricked me by sticking fake flowers in the ground.
  • People - many of us tend to hibernate in the winter. Only stepping a foot outside our warm houses to go get the mail or hop in and out of the car. Then in the spring we start to emerge from our caves and once again enjoy the beautiful world. I love seeing children playing on playgrounds and walking to school, people working in their yards or jogging down the street. It does the soul good to say hello to a neighbor as you walk by.
  • Birds - I love hearing the birds singing and all the different sounds and noises they make. We had a couple of pheasants living in the forest behind our house a few years ago. It was delightful to watch them chase around and hear their loud calls. I remember thinking that it was my husband's cell phone for the longest time, till I asked him about it once.
Well i guess that's it for now. I'm sure I could think of lots more if I sat here long enough, but I must go so I will leave you to think of them yourself. What do you like best about Spring?

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails