Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Red Quinoa Recipes

This morning I got up at 4:30 a.m. because I couldn't sleep and read until 6:30. Then I ran 3 miles with my good friend and running partner Jenna. Next I ate breakfast (grapefruit and yummy quinoa cereal) and got my first grader off to "character day" at school. Last minute he wanted me to walk him so I threw on a hat (to cover my sweaty hair) and a long coat that would cover my bleach-stained running pants and sweaty clothes. In our haste, my 4-year-old ran into a wall and got a bruise over his eye...so yeah! We're off to a rolling start with this day!

Here's my cute "character" reading his book - they had to choose a character from a book to dress up as. True to his form, he chose a T-rex from a non-fiction dinosaur book.

I hope you're enjoying this week's new food: red quinoa! Here's some more tasty recipes I've made using this wonderful grain:

Red Quinoa Vegetable Lasagna
Rigatoni Pressure Cooker Meal

And I found a few more yummy ones on Pinterest! Drool away with me!

Quinoa Granola


Red Quinoa With Roasted Winter Vegetables and Pesto
Source: nytimes.com via Heather on Pinterest


Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Quinoa






Red Quinoa Apple & Cranberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Linked to Friday Favorite Finds

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I love quinoa but have never tried red quinoa, is there much difference? These look great, thanks!

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

There actually is! Red Quinoa in my opinion is much tastier than white. It has a nutty flavor and the color makes it perfect to use as a meat substitute or extender. It really is wonderful!

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails