Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oat Recipes

Here's some of my favorite recipes that I've posted using oats.

Honey Oat Wheat Bread
Mouthwatering Whole-grain Oat Bread
No Sugar Oatmeal Breakfast Cereal
No-Sugar Granola
Holiday Granola
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
My Favorite Granola & Peanut Butter Granola Bars


Today I have another recipe for oatmeal to share that I need to give my husband credit for. He made this for me one morning as a special treat and I knew I needed to share it! It was delicious!


Brandon's Pecan Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cereal

Here's what you do:

Put 1/4 C quick oats in a bowl. Add milk until barely not covering oats. Cook in microwave for 1.5 - 2 minutes. When it comes out, the oats should be soft and thick.

Then add:

1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 - 2 Tbsp. Xagave
1-2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
1 Tbsp. coconut
1-2 Tbsp. white chocolate chips, optional

Eat up and enjoy! I listed the white chocolate chips as optional simply because this is a healthy food blog...but but they really are good in it! I highly recommend them! Yes, you feel like you're eating a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for breakfast...every once and a while it's okay...yum!!

Here's some of my favorite oat recipes from pinterest!

Meatless Chicken Fried Steak (with Oatmeal)


No Bake Energy Bites


Homemade Chewy Granola Bars without Corn Syrup


Chocolate, Oatmeal Banana Shake


Raspberry/Blackberry Oat Breakfast Bars


Ginger Berry and Oat Smoothie


Oatmeal Cream Pies


Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars


Linked to Friday Favorite Finds

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

I really love oats, so this post was perfect for me! Thanks for linking these up on Friday. Yum-o.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails