Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Healthier Microwave Popcorn

I love to eat popcorn! And I like to make it the easiest and fastest way possible. I have an air popper that I use when I want to make large batches quickly, but usually I just want to make enough for a serving or two for an after school snack, a movie, or date night. Prepackaged microwave popcorn has too many questionable ingredients in it so I don't like to eat it or feed it to my family. Plus it's expensive! 

So today I'm going to show you my infallible method of making microwave popcorn. It's cheaper, healthier, and, I think, tastier! And it's just as fast as popping a bag of store-bought microwave popcorn.


Start with 1/4 cup of popcorn 
(you'll get good enough that you don't even have to measure anymore)

Place it in a lunch bag, fold over the top three or four times, and stick it in the microwave

Microwave on high power for 3.5 to 4 minutes 
(You may try the popcorn setting on the microwave, but usually that's not quite enough time for mine). Listen to it and stop it as soon as you can count 4-5 seconds between pops.

Open up the bag and you have:
Popcorn!

Add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter and salt to taste.

Or as a healthier alternative, in place of the butter, you can add 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil

And that's it! DIY microwave popcorn in minutes!
Mmmmh! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put flax seed oil and salt on our pop corn. We've been doing this for years. It's so much better for you and is my family's favorite.

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails