Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Honey Candy Coated Almonds

I love sweets. With a passion. Like in a bad way. I must have a mouth full of sweet teeth I guess. These honey candy coated almonds are a new discovery for me, but I really couldn't not share them with you. That would be like denying you of one of the important things in life that is making me happy right now. I know this recipe calls for 1/2 Cup almonds, but I'm telling you right now that's not going to be near enough. Feel free to double or triple or quadruple the recipe to your heart's content. I love making this recipe with either slivered or whole almonds. When candy coated, the whole almonds make a yummy snack. And the candy coated slivered almonds are my favorite for salads, but to be honest I usually shove handfuls in my mouth so there's not much left for a salad when I'm done.


Honey Candy Coated Almonds
Printable Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 Cup slivered or whole almonds
1/4 tsp. sea salt

DIRECTIONS:
In heavy duty (thick bottom) frying pan, melt 1 Tbsp. honey over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 Cup slivered or whole almonds. Stir until almonds are well coated with honey. Keep almonds in single layer in pan as much as possible. Stir often at first and then constantly towards the end of cooking time to prevent almonds from burning. Heat for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat until almonds have darkened in color and honey has thickened (slivered almonds should turn golden brown, whole almonds will turn deep brown). Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. sea salt over almonds and stir well. Turn off heat and set aside pan to let almonds cool for 5 minutes in pan. Place almonds on wax or parchment paper separated from each other in a single layer until completely cool. Once completely cooled, stored in a sealed container. Use as a snack or salad topping.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com


No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails