Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Bread



If you can't tell already from my other posts, I love bread. It's one of my favorite foods to eat in the whole world! Fresh bread is the gateway to my heart. Last year a friend brought over the most delicious garlic parmesan bread for us. I fell in love and got the recipe from her. It's not very healthy, but I've made it a few times for special occasions. On Sunday, I was craving it, but I didn't have the loaf of French Bread that the original recipe called for. So instead we decided to try it with a loaf of my whole-wheat bread that I had made the day before. We were impressed with the results - it was delicious! We all thought the whole-wheat bread gave it extra flavor and made it all the better. As an added bonus - our son loved it (and he's never eaten the French Bread kind). I'll probably make it more often now that I have this new and improved recipe.

Update (14 Oct 2014): We still love this whole-wheat garlic Parmesan bread. Made it again the other night and it got devoured. I've updated the recipe with a printable link and pictures (including step-by-step photos at the end. Enjoy.


Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Bread
Printable Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1 Loaf of Whole-Wheat Bread (for recipe click here)
1/4 Cup butter
3 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
Italian Seasoning, to taste (parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 F. Slice bread vertically in 1" thick slices partway through (leaving about a half inch at the bottom to keep the loaf together). In a small bowl, soften 1/4 Cup butter. Then mix butter with 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, 1 clove minced garlic and Italian seasonings to taste (parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary). Spread butter mixture on bread slices and tops of bread. Cover completely with aluminum foil and bake at 375 F for 10-15 min. Serve warm.

Recipe Source: Adapted from a recipe given to me by a friend Sheriece



Brandon's actually the one who made it on Sunday after I told him the recipe. When we sat down to eat, I made the comment, "Wow I can smell the rosemary. I love the smell & taste of rosemary on bread." He looked at me funny and then started to laugh. "Whoops, I forgot the rosemary!" He said. We all had a good laugh about that. He had also forgotten the garlic, but it was good without too! :)

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails