Friday, September 25, 2009

Catch up time

It's kind of funny that during the busy harvest season - when I have so many wonderful things to post about on this blog, I have the least amount of time! I can't believe it's been a whole month!

Here's the latest harvest picture (taken a few days ago):


I got my cuisinart electric pressure cooker and last week I made this wonderful dish from Chef Brad. We made the Chicken version and we loved it! It was so good! I highly recommend it!

You can buy the cuisnart on sale now until the end of the year at Chef Brad's website for $109 (regularly $149)! And you will get his pressure cooker cookbook for free! This would be a great Christmas present!!

I canned pears for the first time this year - 42 quarts of them. I love to eat pears, but I decided I really don't like to can them. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be worth it this winter when we eat delicious bottles of canned pears! I have some pictures of those, but I can't find them so I'll have to add them here later.

We're waiting for the frost to come - it could any time now. We'll check the weather every day and the day before we'll scurry out to the garden and pick most everything in sight before the plants freeze (we'll leave the cold-friendly stuff). Then we'll do a large harvest picture that I'll post on here. We usually let the green tomatoes ripen indoors and then use them for the next few months. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Happy Harvest to you all! :)

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Canning is so much work! BUT it is so nice to see those gleaming bottles on the shelf and eat them in the winter. Worth the work.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails