Friday, January 28, 2011

Green Smoothie Formula

I posted a little while ago about the delicious Creamsicle Green Smoothie recipe that I found. I've been experimenting with it and I've come up with a good formula for green smoothies based off of this recipe that are wonderful! My kids love these things! Even my picky eater son gobbles them down as fast as he can. We like to put the leftovers in the freezer in cups or popsicle molds and make "ice-cream smoothies" for snacks. Soo good!


Green Smoothie Formula
1 cup water
1 cup Milk or Plain Yogurt
2-3 LARGE spoonfuls of Juice concentrate (Orange, Cranberry, Blueberry Pomegranate, Apple Cranberry, Grape, etc)
1 Large bunch of Spinach or other greens like Chard, Kale, Turnip Greens, etc (not lettuce)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups Frozen Fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, mango, pineapple, blackberries, etc)
1 Banana (optional but it really makes it creamier!)

Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until nice and smooth!

I made a blueberry pomegranate green smoothie this morning and it's my favorite. Here's the recipe for it:

Blueberry Pomegranate Green Smoothie
1 cup water
1 cup Plain Yogurt
2-3 LARGE spoonfuls of Blueberry Pomegranate juice concentrate
1 Large bunch of Spinach
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups Frozen Mix Fruit (Mango, Pineapple, strawberry, peaches)
1 Banana

Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until nice and smooth! It was so creamy and delicious.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails