Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Wonder"ful Waffles

I love waffles - they are one of my favorite breakfast foods! I've introduced you to wonder flour yesterday, and now I'd like to share with you an amazing recipe that uses wonder flour and really shows off how "wonder"ful it is! These are so light and crispy...I've perfected them from other recipes that I've used and now these are my most easy, fast, and delicious waffles that I make all the time! I made them the other day using my wonderful Mexican vanilla that I received as a Christmas gift - and talk about a heavenly smell! Wow. I got a new waffle iron for Christmas too and I can't wait to try them with it! mmmmh!


"Wonder"ful Waffles

*Makes about 6 waffles

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 tsp. Rumford's baking powder (Rumford's will make it poof up pretty)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 1/4 Cup buttermilk*see Note
1/2 Cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla (the secret to good smelling waffles!)

*Note: Buttermilk alternative: I love real buttermilk, but if you don't have any on hand you can substitute by mixing in about 2 Tbsp. vinegar into 2 Cups + 2 Tbsp. milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.

DIRECTIONS:
Coat the waffle iron grids with cooking spray and preheat the iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.

In another medium bowl beat eggs first. Then add canola oil, buttermilk and vanilla and mix slightly. Pour these wet ingredients over the flour mixture and mix until barely combined and then DO NOT TOUCH mixture! REALLY! Don't do it! Just let it sit until it poofs up real good. Then STILL DON'T STIR IT! Just scoop the batter onto your waffle iron and let it cook according to your waffle iron's instructions. Serve while hot.

*Note: These waffles also freeze and reheat well.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails