Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fresh Peach Syrup (No Sugar)

One of the things that I've missed being sugar-free six days a week is the sweet pancake and waffle toppings that I used to enjoy. But most syrups, jams and jellies are loaded with sugar. I usually eat my waffles or pancakes with unsweetened applesauce, but recently I came up with this peach syrup as a variation that I love. 

Fresh Peach Syrup (No Sugar)
Printable Recipe

*Makes about 1 cup

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup peach puree (I used a blender to puree the peaches) *See Note
2 Tbsp. Xagave nectar
Sprinkle of vanilla powder, optional

*Note: If peaches aren't in season you can use thawed frozen or canned peaches with all the liquid drained off

DIRECTIONS:
Combine ingredients and mix well. Serve on fresh waffles or pancakes. Refrigerate leftover syrup for up to a week.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

Here's some of my favorite pancake and waffle recipes to serve this syrup on:


This week I'll be linking to some of these link parties.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails