Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fresh Zucchini Muffins


I don't know about you but school is sneaking up on me way to fast. All to soon the rush will be here again and questions of "What's for breakfast?", "What's for lunch?", and "What's for snack?" will plague me every day times two. Sometimes thinking up creative answers to those questions is difficult. My first grader won't even eat a sandwich so that throws some extra fun into the school lunch mix this year. 

In my efforts of late that alternate between freaking out and trying to prepare for those inevitable school days just around the corner, I ran across this recipe that I started perfecting last year but never finished before I ran out of the zucchini harvest. Well I'm happy to report that my zucchini harvest is back in full swing so I've completed the task and this recipe is wonderful in it's perfected state. Delicious, moist, and light. Healthy, hearty, and sweet. These tender morsels of yumminess are just the thing for an easy breakfast, lunch or snack. 

But before you take the same path I did, I have to warn you. Don't even think that making a double or even triple batch of these yummy muffins and freezing them will somehow make it so you have frozen muffins when you need them during a hectic school day. Not a chance. These things have disappearing properties that are amazing. I haven't scientifically figured out how that works yet, but trust me it's true. Consider yourself warned. 



Fresh Zucchini Muffins
Printable Recipe

*Makes 12 muffins

*Note: These muffins freeze well so go ahead and make a double or triple batch!

INGREDIENTS:
1-1/2 Cups Wonder Flour
1/2 Cup Quick Oats
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1-1/2 Cups grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchini's, grated)
1/2 Cup honey
2 eggs
1/3 Cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven 350 F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with crinkly paper cupcake liners. In a medium bowl whisk together Wonder Flour, quick oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine grated zucchini, honey, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. Stir well to combine, then add the flour mixture and mix until barely combined. Be careful not to over-mix or you will end up with dense muffins.

Fill muffin tins with about 1/3 Cup muffin batter. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails