Friday, September 19, 2014

Frugal Friday: Homemade Peanut Butter Play Dough

Making your own play dough is so easy and a lot cheaper than buying it from the store. Kids love play dough and it's such a wonderful toy to let kid's imaginations run wild. I've posted before about a favorite play dough that we make and I've recently updated it to include a picture and printable recipe. We made it the other day for my younger son and a friend that was over to play. They had so much fun helping to measure and mix the play dough. My son's friend had to leave before they had a chance to play with it, but we sent half the batch home with him. Then my son played with his while I was making dinner. What a great time he had.

Today I'm sharing another favorite recipe for play dough and the fun thing about this one is that it's edible! I love how easy and quick it is to make (no cooking necessary). I made it the other day for my kid's after school snack and they had a lot of fun playing with it.


Peanut Butter Play Dough
Printable Recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 Cup honey
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp. regular (not instant) powdered milk or powdered milk supplement
Optional: Wax paper, cookie cutters, plastic knives, mini rolling pins, etc.

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Add a bit more powdered milk if needed to reach a good "play dough" consistency. Then when you're ready to play, I like to roll out a sheet of waxed paper for each child. Then give them some cookie cutters, plastic knives, mini rolling pins, etc. Let them play, eat, and have fun! Afterwards you can store the play dough in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com


No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails