Monday, November 3, 2014

Hard Things {A Personal Success}

Once again it has been a busy couple of weeks. My husband and I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) a few weeks ago. It was an awesome experience. I never intended to be a runner. I still don't really consider myself one. But I wanted to set a fitness goal that would be a challenge and push me to a new level. I trained for 12 weeks, running 5 days a week. On Saturdays, my husband and I would run the longer runs together. Our kids supported us by coming with us on many of those Saturday runs. They rode their bikes and we ran. It was hard, but I'm so glad we did it. It was worth it. Here's a picture of us at the finish line:



I'm sharing this with you because I want you to see that if you are determined, YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS too. You can make changes in your life. You can set goals and achieve those goals. You can create a healthier person and encourage your family in being healthier as well.

There are so many things in life that we don't have control of. Life gives us challenges. But it's empowering to take control of the things we CAN control and make our lives better in those areas.

November is a month full of gratitude for me. Today I'm especially thankful for family - my husband and children, my parents, siblings and all those wonderful people that belong to me. I'm thankful also for my God and a beautiful world He has created for me to enjoy.

No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails