Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Orange Julius {With Kefir}


Temperatures are cooling and the sick season is upon us. I've been trying to be vigilant about giving myself and my kids kefir every day to help them fight off the germs that they are surrounded with. This is one of our favorite ways to get our daily dose of kefir.

This Orange Julius is so easy to make and so yummy. We love to have it for breakfast, but it works with any meal or as a snack. The Orange Julius in my pictures might look a little more frozen then yours will turn out if you follow my recipe. I actually made it for my kids for breakfast that morning and didn't have time to snap any pictures so I stuck it in the freezer for about a half hour before I took the pictures. It crystallized just a little and turned out really yummy. Kind of like a frosty.

If you don't have kefir milk and still want to make this recipe, you can substitute regular milk. It will work great. Make sure you read up on kefir though. It's really good for you. We use the kefir to make sure we get all the wonderful probiotics (especially this time of year) that our bodies need.


Orange Julius {With Kefir}
Printable Recipe

*Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:
2 Cups kefir milk
1 Cup orange juice (freshly squeezed is really yummy, but any kind will work great)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 Cup honey
2 Cup ice cubes

DIRECTIONS:
Combine kefir milk, orange juice, vanilla and honey in blender and blend for about a minute until honey is dissolved. Add ice cubes and blend until frothy. Serve immediately.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com


No comments:

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails