Monday, December 12, 2011

Meal Planning

For the past 3 or 4 months, I've been trying to plan our nightly dinner meals two weeks in advance. I've been using the food nanny plan meal planner where you come up with a theme for every night of the week. I can definitely say that our food has tasted better and I've had less hassle and struggle with the kids trying new foods. I still make 1-2 new dishes a week, but they are more likely to try them now because they know what to expect and know that the next night something will be served that they know they like. If you haven't tried out meal planning, try it! It definitely works and is well worth the prep time for the dinner-time success. I decided that I will post some of my meal plans for those of you who struggle like I do to come up with what to have for dinner every night. Today I am planning my next 2 weeks of meals. I will shop once for most of the food and then go once or twice more during the 2 weeks to pick up fresh produce.

Here's the themes that I'm using:

 Mon
 Tues
 Wed
 Thurs
 Fri
 Sat
 Sun
12
Italian


 13
Fish
 14
Leftovers
 15
Kids Pick
16
Mexican Fiesta
 17
Daddy's Pick
 18
Italian
 19
Comfort Food
 20
Breakfast
 21
Leftovers
 22
Kids Pick 
 23
Pizza
 24
Christmas Eve

 25
Christmas 


And here's what's on the menu:

Mon, Dec 12
Bean lasagna (I'm working out a new pressure cooker version that I will post in the future) with Fresh Bread and Sunshine Squash

Tues, Dec 13
Tilapia Scampi with brown rice and broiled vegetables.

Wed, Dec 14
Leftovers!

Thurs, Dec 15
Plain Noodles with Sauce (Can you tell this is a kid's pick???)

Fri, Dec 16
Normally Pizza night but this time we're doing a mexican fiesta.
Chicken taquitos, chips & Salsa, Green Salad, Cilantro-lime rice with oven-baked churros and hot cocoa for dessert

Sat, Dec 17
To be determined...my husband likes to see what's in the fridge and create on the spot...

Sun, Dec 18
Spaghetti Squash dinner with Breadsticks

Mon, Dec 19
Spicey Roasted Butternut Squash and Cream of Broccoli Soup

Tues, Dec 20
Cottage-fried potatoes & swedish pancakes

Wed, Dec 21
Leftovers!

Thurs, Dec 22
Red & White Mostaccioli (Food Nanny Recipe)

Fri, Dec 23
Pepperoni and Veggie Pizza

Sat, Dec 24
Our new Christmas eve tradition: a Bethlehem Supper based on ideas from here and here. See our post here from last year...
Chicken Shwarmas on pita bread, cheese cubes, fresh veggies, challlah bread, olives, hard boiled eggs

Sun, Dec 25
Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, pistachio pudding, stuffing, rolls, sweet potatoes & pies....mmmmh!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some of the recipes soon! Meanwhile hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

gabby said...

love it such a good idea!! thanks for sharing your recipes love it

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails