Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Healthy Blueberry Muffins {Sugar Free}

Okay it's been a little while since I've shared a sugar free recipe with you. Okay maybe not. But you never can have enough sugar free recipes when you're trying to be sugar free. And these are amazing. Whole Grain. Sugar Free. Blueberry Muffins. You need these. Especially right now. I need 'em too. I need to have a whole load of them in my freezer for those busy mornings when I don't feel like cooking breakfast. Which has seemed like most mornings these days. Things have been rather crazy around here.

And speaking of crazy, how has sugar been at your house lately? July has been a month of a lot of holidays and vacations for us. And sugar free just may have slipped a little around here. My son maybe just maybe was encouraged to eat all of his fourth of July parade candy in one day and then may have been sick to his stomach all the next day. But those little teaching moments do the trick, let me tell ya! Now he controls it himself instead of us nagging him about it. Sometimes you just have to let them learn by experience. The "not-nice way" as our family sometimes calls it.

And...after slipping in a few extra days of sugar myself I am here to tell you that I feel a huge difference when I stick to my goal and when I don't. I noticed that when I'm sugar free I feel more energy. Less sluggish, less crabby. And I crave good, healthy food. I'm resolved to do better and get back on track because I know it makes a difference.

Good recipes help when you're trying to change your diet. And these muffins are not only healthy, but also very delicious. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Printable Recipe

*Makes 24 muffins

INGREDIENTS:
3 Cups Wonder Flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Cup canola oil
1 Cup honey
3 eggs
1-1/2 Cup milk
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Cup blueberries, frozen or fresh

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 24 muffin tins with muffin liners, if desired, or spray well with oil. In a medium bowl, combine the Wonder Flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the oil, honey, eggs, milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just barely combined. Be sure not to over beat, as it will cause the muffins to be tough. Add the frozen or fresh blueberries and stir to combine. Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the mixture into the lined or greased muffin tins until cups are mostly full. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.

Recipe Source: healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com

I made these for a family reunion breakfast and everyone loved them. They are also great frozen and reheated for a few seconds in the microwave.

1 comment:

Barbara Bakes said...

I really should cut out sugar for a while. These would be a wonderful way to help.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails